family

family

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

I woke up on Mother's Day, my first, to smell of eggs, sausage, and waffles being made!  Kevin went all out.  While Kevin was in the kitchen I enjoyed spending some one on one time with Liam during his VERY talkative time.  He kept smiling at me and, I assume, telling me everything on his mind :-).  Liam gave me a bouquet of flowers and a gift certificate for a Spa Day!!  


After Breakfast we went to the Arnold Arboretum in Jamaica Plain.  We took the "T" in since we heard parking would be terrible.  It took about an hour to get there from our house, not too bad.
We met a few friends there, who were also celebrating their first mother's day, and decided to have a picnic together.  The Arboretum was showcasing their blooming Lilacs and had all kinds of activities, dancers, bands, and food.
The weather that day had its ups and downs.  In the beginning it was very cold and windy, but then the sun came out and shared its warmth so that made the whole day that much better.  

I really enjoyed spending a relaxed Mother's Day with my boys.  Being a mother is more wonderful than I ever imagined.  I love that little man more than I thought possible.  I love my family and I am truly blessed.





No comments:

Post a Comment